Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I See London, I See France...

Paris

Eiffel Tower at night
Arc De Triomphe
Pâtisserie
Escargot
More food
Tara Jarmon Paris
Anthony Bourdain inspired
Outside Abercrombie & Fitch
Inside Abercrombie & Fitch(?!?)
Daytime Eiffel Tower

London

St. James Park
Something next to Westminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey
Yes, I had to
The beautiful St. Ermin's Hotel
The London Eye
Big Ben ft. My Starbucks
Obligatory family photo!
Peruvian cocktails
Yes, again I had to

WE TRAVELED. We went by plane, train, metro, underground, double-decker bus, taxi, even riverboat. It was unbelievably exhausting but also unbelievably amazing. Finally getting to see things that you've heard people talking about your whole life was such a cool experience. The weather ended up being unseasonably beautiful, and it made our trip that much more wonderful. 

France was crazy beautiful; quite possibly the most beautiful city I've ever seen. Every building had it's woven iron railings and intricate carvings and it made me wonder why WE don't have that. The shopping was even better. We stayed on the Champs-élysées, basically miles and miles of French and American stores and eateries. (Including that insane A&F pictured above.) Then we got to wander down to the Louvre and Rue St. Honoré which included Cartier, Gouyard Paris, Hérmes, and other things I couldn't afford (but still so awesome). Of course we ate--lots of pâtisseries, but snails included (I would not recommend them). And a final of course, we saw everything. La tour Eiffel, The Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, the Paris (Love Lock) Bridge--which they recently removed, and much more.

Although nothing beats Paris in terms of beauty, London was a close contender. There is so much fabulous architecture and history in London that it seemed like 2 days wasn't enough to take it all in. We saw Big Ben, the London Eye, took a tour on the big London Bus, and of course I got a cheesy iconic picture in front of the red phone booth. The shopping of Bond Street was equally amazing and over my budget, but the tourist attraction of Oxford Street was perfect shopping for me. The also iconic yellow Selfridges bags were seen everywhere. We had classic Italian food, Peruvian food, Pub food, the classic fish and chips, and as you can see a lot of Starbucks.

This trip was so much fun and I hope I can get more opportunities like this throughout my time in college and throughout the rest of my life. These places are so worth going back to, and they inspire me to go see more. Thanks for listening to my rambling, and keep following along for (hopefully) more adventures!

Cheers!
xx Maya

Day 1:
babydoll dress (similar) || sneakers || denim jacket (similar) || sunglasses (similar) || necklace (similar)

Day 2:
red trench (similar) || chambray shirt (sold out, similar) || jeans || sneakers || tote || sunglasses (similar)

Day 3:

Day 4:
dress || booties || blazer || necklace (Old Nay jewelry available in store) || socks (similar) || sunglasses

Every Day:
Over 30 miles walked!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Paris is such a beautiful city :) I've been 4 times and I still want to go!
    So glad you enjoyed London (it's my home!) - you're so lucky that the weather has been so good for the past couple of weeks. Usually its rain and thunderstorm .. in summer! haha.

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great time!! Thanks for reading!

    xx Maya

    ReplyDelete